Mr Squirrel is my whole world!

Monday, 3 January 2011

Memory Lane



For those of you who may or may not know, I am an avid Beetle fan!  So much so my blog is named after my little man Bertie!  I was so surprised to open a present from the FS man and to find this, he did me proud, I have taught him well!  Behind the tile is my daft OH, not usually given to camera shyness!

New Years has been a lovely event.  We started with a trip to my favourite place on earth.



It has a romantic story attached to it, not the actual pier, you understand but in almost the same spot as this picture was taken.



My lovely hubby asked me to marry him on New Years Eve 17 years ago, he had asked me before that a couple of times and each time I'd said 'not yet'.  I remember it was absolutely freezing so we sat in the car and sipped champagne, or rather I did as he was driving!!  It was a night I will never forget.  (Coincidentally, and going off what I was going to chat about, my daughter got engaged this New Years Eve - very proud!!)

Where was I, oh yes, we had a walk round by what you may have already noticed as being a foggy Southwold! We parked up in the pier carpark next to the beach huts that have been moved there for winter, and in particular one which Mr S thought was aptly named for me!

Cheeky Monkey!


We did a lovely stroll along the pier, and stopped at the clock just in time to watch the hour turn, but nothing happened as it wasn't working properly!!! We carried on to look at the sign that always makes me smile.





After walking around the town, and a nice cup of



We headed back to the car, It was such a misty day that not even the boats were on the boating lake!







Although I don't think it looks as misty on this picture.

With one final look at the pier, we trotted home for a snuggle in front of the fire, ready for the festivities.



We had a lovely evening, just us 3 at home.  New years day was totally different, filled with daughters and Fiance and gorgeous grandson who seems to be growing fast.

I can only repeat my wish, that I hope everyone has a happy, healthy and fun filled new year!!

Love,
Lx

No comments:

Follow Me On Geogaching.com

Profile for grsquirrels