and then I cooked a yummy 3 course meal for them in return...... (no picture though!)
I managed to spend most of the day sofa surfing whilst crocheting, sewing and watching a movie - Mr B said he thought it was because I was being a tad lazy, I call it multi-tasking!
I have finally finished my first project, which to be honest didn't really take too long, but felt like ages!
(Apologies for the poor quality photo's - my camera seems to be playing up).
I didn't follow a pattern, I just sort of made it up as I went along and then was totally surprised that it fitted the cushion cover I was sewing it to! The flowers are courtesey of a tutorial on Attic24 They are the most wonderful things to make and are soooo addictive - considering I've only been crocheting about 3 weeks, they are really easy and worth a go if you haven't already tried them.
Whilst sorting through the jungle that I call my study, I found this
A little tatty, but worth reading! I now know how to hook something other than granny squares and flowers now - but I'm keeping that one quiet until I've finished it!!
I'm still working on the blanket too - it's about knee size, Mr B can't wait for me to finish it as his old knees need something warm to cover them! Incidentally the green orange and blue flower above was stolen by my darling daughter when I had my back turned, and she is now wearing it as a brooch!
We have had some lovely news too - our eldest daughter is expecting a baby! They have been living together for about 8 years now, so we are so pleased for them - I have put my order in for a girl this time, but I really don't mind which sort I get!
I feel like I'm running on and on today, so I will leave you with something, just in case you didn't get any this year -
See you all soon..
Love
Bertie x







No comments:
Post a Comment